Why Ayton Farm is important to us
- We believe that everyone is entitled to good health and the lifestyle that flows from that. A substantial pillar of good health is the food we eat. We are alarmed at the rise in food intolerances, allergies and significant health issues in our family, friends and the community.
- We want to eat food that enhances our health rather than undermines it.
- We believe that using farming methods that nurture the health and vitality of the soil will in turn nurture the health of the plants. This flows on to the health of the animals and hence on to the food (whether animal or plant matter) which is produced.
- We believe that we can foster such an environment and produce such food on our farm.
- We hope that by following regenerative agriculture principles to improve our soil and pasture we may influence other farmers to use more natural methods and hence boost the health and resilience of our ecosystem – soil, plants, animals and humans.
- We believe that people are entitled to total transparency in relation to the food they eat including exactly what ingredients are in their food, where it came from and how it is produced.
- Food production methods speak of our impact on the environment and we believe that the good health of our soil and plants and the humane treatment of animals grown in the production of food are at the heart of our enterprise.